Camillus Police search for suspect armed with handgun accused of injuring Walmart employee

Camillus Police search for suspect armed with handgun accused of injuring Walmart employee

A man who is thought to have been engaged in an altercation at the Walmart on West Genesee Street on Monday afternoon is being sought by Camillus Police.

Police claimed that they were looking into personal harm caused to a worker by an alleged handgun-wielding stranger. According to authorities, the suspect was last seen walking along Kasson Road.

The suspect is a Caucasian male wearing a dark t-shirt, dark jeans, and a cowboy hat. He has a long gray beard.

Anyone with information or who may have seen the suspect is asked to call police.

READ MORE: Authorities searching for suspects who ran into woods after fatal shooting in Lewisville

Related Post; 19-year-old who shot himself in the parking lot of Camillus Walmart identified

A 19-year-old from East Syracuse committed suicide after getting into a fight with police in the parking lot of the Camillus Walmart.

A police source named Jonathon C. D’Eredita Jr. as the person who shot himself in the head on February 11 and later passed away in a Syracuse hospital. D’Eredita was evading the police that evening in the parking area off West Genesee Street.

Police in Syracuse have chosen not to release the man’s name.

Around 8:30 p.m. on February 11, according to Syracuse police, officers were called to the Walmart shopping center to look for a suspect. When police approached him, the man sped off. After a brief car chase, police said the car crashed in the parking lot. Police claim that when they arrived, they found the man had shot himself.

According to Onondaga County District Attorney William Fitzpatrick, the individual was a suspect in a previous theft case.

Sahara Ferreira, 21, of Liverpool, said she and D’Eredita both went to East Syracuse Minoa High School, but they didn’t really know each until last summer when they started dating. D’Eredita had moved in with her and her baby daughter, she said.

Ferreira said she was at work at a business in the same plaza as the Walmart store the night D’Eredita shot himself. D’Eredita had stopped at the nearby McDonald’s that night and brought her dinner at work, she said. He planned to wait for her in the parking lot until she was done, she said.

Ferreira reported that Syracuse police had entered the company where she was employed in search of D’Eredita. According to Ferreira, she called D’Eredita after the police had departed to let him know they were still looking for him but to be calm and wait for her to finish work.

Ferreira claimed they were both aware of the grand larceny accusations against him, but D’Eredita also understood that the presence of a gun in the car meant he would certainly face more severe penalties. Ferreira claimed that the reason he was carrying a gun was because he needed protection after being shot two days prior. Read Full Story


Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *